Fleurcup vs LadyCup: My Experiences

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fleurcup vs LadyCup: My Experiences

Post  Jesamyn on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm

I've meant to come back and post for several days now, but it's been a little hectic!

I love my Fleurcup. I think this is my holy grail, no pun intended. I did have to remove the stem; after the second day, it was just too irritating to leave. I don't consider that a major issue, however. It is SO comfortable. Even though I am going on 2 years of cup usage, I would sometimes still feel my LadyCup causing a slightly uncomfortable pressure. When I looked for a new one, I looked specifically for something with a less bell-shaped body. While the Fleurcup and LadyCup have the same size rim, the Fleurcup looks like it bells out just a tiny bit less. I don't have calipers to measure or anything, but regardless I don't get the uncomfortable pressure with it, even when full.

The rim of my LadyCup, and about half an inch down into the body, is actually stiffer than my Fleurcup. The rest of the body is squishier. Overall, holding a fold is about the same in both for me. I still use a 7-fold. Once I waited until my cycle started to use the Fleurcup, I had no insertion issues at all. It was a breeze. This is something that really wasn't different between the two cups for me.

Removal is night and day. The squishy bottom and slickness of the LadyCup make it a pain to remove, even for an experienced cup user. The Fleurcup is a snap to remove between the grip rings and the fact that it's stiffer on the bottom. I can actually fold it in on itself to remove it as well, which is something I could never do with the LadyCup. This makes it more comfortable for me to remove than the tilt and ease-it-out method.

No problems with capacity. I didn't have any leakage at all. The holes weren't difficult to clean, despite being small. I used the invert-and-squish-water-through method of cleaning, and it worked fine. I did notice that what appears to be residue from water shows up on the black (dark blue-grey, actually) surface. Since I know that I boiled this thing and cleaned it to within an inch of its life attempting to get rid of the residue. I didn't use soap, so I know that's not it. Since the residue follows the water spotting, I can only assume that's what it is. I'm not that worried about it. I do like the matte velvetty feel of the surface.

Just because I'm partial to cotton, I don't really care for the satin bag. However, this does not affect usage at all, and there is no reason I can't make myself another bag or just let it take over the bag of another cup instead. My cats do approve of the stiff ties on the satin bag and believe it makes a wonderful cat toy.
Jesamyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fleurcup vs LadyCup: My Experiences

Post  Feminine Wear on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:42 am

Fleurcups now come with or without the bag from their website. We just sell them without but sell the bag on it's own if anyone wants one.

Last edited by Feminine Wear on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Feminine Wear

View user profile http://www.femininewear.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:34 pm

Femininewear-- I'll second its a great place to order from, since you can get mroe than just cups there, and you can try a couple of different brands and know that it will all come together in the same package Smile

OP-- That's something I too like about the fleurcup-- the firmer material does make it easier to break the seal. Its nice to see a short cup with good capacity, that is firm enough to stand up to vaginal walls.

Not sure why there appears to be residue on your cup... My fleurcup is very pale purple/violet, so I probably wouldn't see residue even if it was there. I've seen pictures of the black ones, and they do seem kind of foggy. But I don't know if its just the way they look, or if its residue. Hmmmm...
Melissa569

View user profile http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Feminine Wear on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Foggy is a good description. The black Fleurcup is nothing like the black MeLuna. The black Fleur is dull, almost frosted, like a dark grey. All Fleurs have a pastel colour look, including the black.
Feminine Wear

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesamyn on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:02 pm

I also didn't have the residue until the first time that I rinsed it and let it dry, which is another reason I think it's just water-spotting. And yes, they do also just look foggy and pastellized. (I invented a word. Wink )
Jesamyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Feminine Wear on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:36 am

That's a good word! Cool
Feminine Wear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content