Not so new

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not so new

Post  Thornapple on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Im not a new member but I cant remember anything about my old account. XD
In any case, Im Thornapple and I've been using my Lunette for a year and have become something of an activist with my fiancé. Together we run a Women's Health Resource kiosk at our university with their clinic's gynaecologist and many lovely companies have donated information packets, brochures and even the odd sample. FemmeCup and Lunette even gave me some cups for retail! I'm from Newfoundland and reusables are not widely available, the knowledge is not even readily accessible. We do have DivaCup but it's only sold in one store that I know of that overprices everything significantly. Call it a poor tax for greenies. FemmeCup said they would even like to be distributed widely here! I decided I'd like to be a part of this forum community to get to know the other women who are making an effort(like Teresa of Feminine Wear) to let women know about the wonderful choices of menstrual cups. Recently I've even gotten into cloth pads(I was a tampon user before, disposable pads having given me allergic reactions) ever since I got to feel and touch some samples Lunapads donated.

Thornapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

welcome

Post  radianceunveiled on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi Thornapple,
Welcome to this page. I look foward to reading your post. I have been a cuper user for about 4 months now and have been telling everyone. I now sell Keeper cups and cloth pads called Treehugers. Welcome again I just wanted to say hello. Very Happy
radianceunveiled

View user profile http://www.radianceunveiled.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not so new

Post  Melissa569 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Welcome Thornapple Smile

I sell Lunette products, but eventually I will expand. just money issues right now, you know how that goes, lol.

Legally, it might be safer to stick with the FDA-approved brans though, (Keeper, Divacup, Lunette) as far as selling them is concerned. I mentioned in another thread that in America, we can "purchase" any cup we want for our own personal use. But legally, we cannot sell them unless they are FDA-approved. I really want mreo companies to apply for the approval, but tis so expensive, so I understand why they don't, I suppose... But for now, we can market the ones available Smile

Also, I've heard that Ladycup may be in the process of applying for approval?? That's great news! I hope they get it soon.

Melissa
Melissa569

View user profile http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thornapple on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:52 pm

I do hope LadyCup gets approved. A friend of mine owns a greencup and I had a chance to check it out. LadyCup seems like one of the "friendlier" brands in terms of shape, colour, size when it comes to getting women interested. I have some FemmeCups and I must say, they look a bit scarier through the eyes of the "unconverted". XD

Thornapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum