inside out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

inside out

Post  dj on Thu May 20, 2010 3:12 pm

My fourth cycle using a cup will start soon. I'd like to try using the cup inside out and have read many of the inside out posts on other sites. Here's the question that I haven't found the answer to. What about the stem? Is it ok to turn the cup inside out while the stem is attached? I haven't cut the stem off my cup and don't plan to for now. Does the stem just end up in the bottom of the inside out cup? Thanks for the help.
dj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: inside out

Post  TantrumSock on Thu May 20, 2010 5:46 pm

You can absolutely leave the stem intact when you wear it inside out. It just sticks up from the middle of the bottom. =)
TantrumSock

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/theresaf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 on Fri May 21, 2010 12:54 am

You can leave it, but the only thing I will say is-- if its a round/hallow stem, it will get dirty easier that way. Also, if you have a very low cervix, you might want to be careful abotu that, and possibly trimt he stem anyway... If you have the type of cervix that dips down low into your cup, then the stem may "jab" your cervix a lot and irritate it. This is especially true with cups that have long or very stiff stems.

However, if you are longer up inside, aka, have a high cervix, then that should not be an issue at all, as your cervix would stay up above the rim.
Melissa569

View user profile http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravna on Fri May 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Hmmm... I haven't read any "inside-out"-posts, and right now I don't have the time to search for them. But I really wonder: Why would one want to use the cup inside out? I guess there is a reason, but I just can't imagine what that is.

Ravna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kammioderin on Fri May 28, 2010 1:55 pm

The most common reason for wanting to try a cup inside out is because the cup is just a smidge too long for the user. Turning a cup inside out shortens it just a bit and can save someone from having to purchase a different size cup right away.

Other reasons could be because the markings or ridges on a cup are irritating to someone and some cups are smooth on the inside.
Kammioderin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravna on Fri May 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Aha! Thank you:)

Ravna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kammioderin on Fri May 28, 2010 7:14 pm

No worries, I sort of wondered it myself until I actually had a cup (the Diva) and at the end of my cycle still noticed it. From the stories and reviews I'd read I thought that I probably had something not quite right. Flipping it inside out worked wonders, but I still continued to search for a cup that was perfect for me. Jury is still out on which one I really like best, but my large LadyCup is definitely in the running for it.
Kammioderin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top