Sanitizing products

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sanitizing products

Post  ltlmiss on Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Just saw that Lunette has disinfecting wipes and a wash for cups. Has anyone tried these products? I think the disinfecting wipes would be very useful for when in a public restroom.
ltlmiss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanitizing products

Post  Melissa569 on Tue May 11, 2010 5:42 am

I have 2 boxes of them. They're nice- really easy to use. Not cheaply made either, they almost feel like cotton material. Kind of thick. Smell like rubbing alohol, but very subtle, and also a "fresh" scent.

The only thing is, I think it would still be a good idea to bring some bottled water in the stall with you to rinse the cup off after you use the wipes. They do tell you to allow the cup to dry completely before putting it back in, which is correct, as you must allow alcohol to evaporate away in order for it to be safe on silicone. But I would still rinse it, just in case.

Great way to quickly sanitize though Smile
Melissa569

View user profile http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet on Tue May 11, 2010 1:58 pm

I have the Lunette wash and it has worked just fine for me so far. It has a subtle, natural scent but it is not perfumed and it has a low pH (3.5) so that even if there is some residue (let's say you didn't rinse well enough), it shouldn't irritate the vaginal pH balance. pH imbalance causes infections, so I really like that the soap has such low pH. Smile

I have tried the wipes and I like them, I just wish there were a little cheaper and that I could buy them in the stores. For me, they aren't worth ordering and paying for shipping.
Sekhmet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LisBeth on Wed May 12, 2010 11:44 am

I have the Lunette Wash and it works perfectly for me too (it smells so fresh and nice!) but most important thing is that it has the right pH...

I don't have Lunette wipes, I suppose they are similar to the wash? But they contain alcohol for better sanitize your cup? In that case, I agree that it would be better to rinse the Cup before using (with a bottle of water or directly by washing it in the sink).
LisBeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top