Can't insert my cup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't insert my cup

Post  Guest on Sat May 01, 2010 3:02 am

Hi!

I got my first menstrual cup yesterday and decided I wanted to try it out while not having my period. Both my first and second attempt to insert it failed when I tried the regular C-fold and the 7-fold. I could not even get it in halfway through. A couple of hours later I tried the punch-down fold and I managed to insert the whole cup. I thought I'd succeeded but when I removed the cup I discovered that the cup hadn't popped up. It had still been folded when it was inside me. Besides, to get the cup out I could only pull the stem since I wasn't able to put a finger in and grab it. Today's attempt was a failure too 'cause I couldn't insert it at all. It's rather painful and the vaginal opening gets sored so I have to stop trying after a while.

I'm almost 17 and virgin so I'm obviously tight down there - which I've realized by now. I don't think that the hymen is left though, because when I try to find it with my fingers there's nothing.

The cup I use is a small Lunette. I've decided to try again when my period arrives because I really want this to work! Smile
But I was wondering if anyone's got any tips on how to make the insertion easier? Which fold is the best and how do I make the cup pop open? And is there any chance I'll somehow ruin my precious little blue cup? How durable is it?

P.S. English is not my native language so that would explain if my writing is bad. Hopefully you'll understand anyway!

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't insert my cup

Post  Melissa569 on Sat May 01, 2010 5:12 am

Actually, your english is very good! I actually thought it was your native language, until you said otherwise, haha.

If you haven't already, it would be a good idea to read the "birgin's guide to cups", it has helped a lot of people, and was written by a Livejounral member:

http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups/1243131.html

Other than that, I would say its better to practice with hands for a while, until you can easily fit two fingers in. A decent water-based lube might help too. It doesn't fix all problems, but it sure does help. Apply it to the outer vagina though, don't put it on the cup, that will make it too slippery (I know this from experience, I was trying to fold my cup with lube on it and it went BOING! and flew across the bathroom into the sink, haha).

After you've practiced with hands for a while (or maybe if you want to try the punch-down fold again?), see if you can insert with the folded part facing sideways, or even down. For me and many others, that helps it open better. And with removal, some people cannot reach a finger way up in, so try just pinching the bottom of the cup and rocking the cup from side to side while you pull down. That can break the suction too.

See if some of those tips help, if you feel like trying again, and let us know if you have other questions.

Hugs,

Melissa
Melissa569

View user profile http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LisBeth on Sat May 01, 2010 7:55 am

Hi!
I have a small Lunette and English is not my native language too:) So let's see if I can help you...

As Melissa said, I suggest you to practice with one or two fingers too..because it will help you to know how is you body and you vagina.
Than, probably it would be better if you try to insert the Cup while you are on your cycle...for me, it's easy because that days there is more lubrification and the Cup slides into very easily! But also you can try using a water-based lube...

About the folds, the only one which works for me it's the punch-down...and my Lunette always popped without problems. Maybe you can try to spin gently the cup, to help it popping?
LisBeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat May 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Wow, that sounds exactly like me! I'm seventeen and a virgin too! It sounds like you are having similar problems with me.

However, no fear, practice, practice, practice! It took me three days for my body to adjust to it, but if you are allowed to buy lube (I couldn't so I settled with water...) then do so. Become familiar with your body.

In a way, it takes some time to get used to, always check to see if your cup pops open by circling the edges with your finger and if not, fidget with it a little by pinching it and such. I am more successful on my period than not and on my lighter days removal is a bit more difficult, but don't give up! It might just be a matter of adjustment!

P.S. Punchdown fold did help with me too...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun May 02, 2010 2:22 am

(It's me - who created this thread - again. I made an account since I thought it might be useful)

Thanks for your advice!

Actually, my period arrived today so now I can begin practise "for real". It's strange because I've never been so happy about getting my period as I'm now. haha Not that I think it'll be fun, but hopefully less disturbing by using a cup. I'm sooo fed up with tampons and pads already.

When I inserted the cup today I even managed to do the C-fold without too much pain. I'd never thought that one would work because it seemed to wide, but what a surprise! I think I heard a suction sound (if only a small one) and I circled the cup's edge with my finger as you suggested me to do. I earnestly hope it has positioned itself correctly, which I'll probably find out in a while.

@Melissa569
I read the guide you referred to and I have to say that it made me a little more confident that it'll eventually work.

Again, thank you all!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun May 02, 2010 8:31 am

Great! I hope it was successful! As a successful seventeen year old virgin as well, I have no doubt that you can use a cup too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet on Tue May 04, 2010 10:44 am

I'm glad to see that it's working out for you! That's always an exciting first step. ^_^ Also, welcome to the forum. :3 We're happy to have another member with us. Mwa ha ha, more cup users. Wink lol
Sekhmet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 on Tue May 04, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm glad the guide helped you, its seems to help a lot of first time users. That's great its working out for you, we all kind of leanr our won little tricks that help a cup work better. Some you can learn from other women, but some, you just discover by accident on your own and you get this big eureka moment, lol.

M
Melissa569

View user profile http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top