I'm jumping on the bandwagon...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm jumping on the bandwagon...

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Hey there! It's Slovie! Your resident gamer girl, I'm 17 and I have come here after discussing periods with my cosplayers on Cosplay.com, some of them were cup users and I was so curious about what a cup was, I mean, it was such an intriguing name, it sounded so delicate so I looked it up and I did research and I am impressed with them, these have to be the best thing ever created.

The only thing is that I'm dirt po' and I found some cups at my health food store and I want one so bad but it's 40 bones and although my mom is still slightly sceptacle, if I want one, it looks like I will have to buy it with my own pocket money, I mean, she no longer has her periods so she would just be spending money on me. I only go through 2-3 pads during my period and mine usually last (a painful, unless I drug myself with ibuprofen) 2-3 days so a whole jumbo pack of pads from Sam's Club would probably last me two years but still, I think I can do better, I'm going to college and it would definitely last me a long time.

Also, I hate it when my border terrier would always raid the garbage and horde them in my BROTHER'S room... She loves the scent of blood, she is a born hunter... It's soooo embarassing... I love my dog, but I think with a cup I could just clean it good to get rid of the scent and put it up high enough for her not to get and not worry about it getting chewed.

So, until I muster up some money I made my own pads out of some of my scrap cosplay fabric that I would otherwise not use. I really think this is a revolution.

Actually... hmmm... I do have fifty dollars, but I was thinking maybe getting a rare manga imported from Japan, but a cup sounds good too... I'm torn between those choices! Waaaah!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm jumping on the bandwagon...

Post  Melissa569 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I say get a cup! Smile If there is any way you can purchase online (they do sell pre-paid cards in most little corner stores, like 7-11), they have cups at SouthCoastShopping.com for a lot less than 40! Actually more like $18 to $19. Here are some links:

Keeper Moon Cup:

http://www.southcoastshopping.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=476&CLSN_2536=12715528182536e1d45a69d00bc6aa35

DivaCup:

http://www.southcoastshopping.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=473&keyword=divacup&searchby=keyword&offset=0&fs=1&CLSN_2536=12715528182536e1d45a69d00bc6aa35
Melissa569

View user profile http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:27 pm

That's awesome! Unfortunately, I don't have a debit card and I can't seem to sweet talk my mom to use her's for me because whenever I bring up anything related to the reproductive system, my dad or my brother always comes in the room and ruins it... Sooooo.... I can't order online... When I am 18 however, I can get my debit card of my very own and order things off the internet whenever I want! (woot!)

Hmmm... then there is another health food store that is a little further way that is smaller, but also might have a better deal... I'll probably check sometime this week to see, I am positive that they have a pharmacy section... they might carry a better selection too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:35 pm

It might be worth it to see if you can talk her into a pre-paid card (for just teen reasons, nothing really personal). Its not the same as a debit or credit card... Doesn't require good credit or a bank account... You just buy it at the store. No trips to the bank, and you can't go into debt with overage charges or anything. If you want to put money on it, you just go to most little corner stores, give them cash, ask them to put it on your card, and you're all set. I had one of those cards when I was 16, I think its the perfect thing for kids and teens to have, because its pretty low risk.

They even have ones where there is no overage charges, and no minimum spending. I think Green Dot is a good one. Smile I have one in addition to my regular bank card, because its nice to be able to walk into 7-11 and put cash on my card at the counter, then go home and use it online Smile Easy peasy.
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Okay, I'll look into it, if I can get it local though, the better, I just really want to check out that other health food store in my area. Again, my mother is indifferent, slightly sceptical, yet still open to the idea. Since the time I talked to her about it though, I did a crap load of research and found some awesome articles so whenever I can get the right time, I can show her then maybe she will be willing to invest and actually buy it for me instead of me using the money that I was going to use to buy that rare Japanese imported manga I have my eyes on.

Also, I have a narrow pelvis which tends to run in my family which causing probelms giving birth vaginally because it is so narrow that the baby cannot pass through and the only way to give birth is through a C-section. My mother could not deliver me and my brother and she had to go through four days in labor with me and two days for my brother and neither time did she dialate nor broke her water and the doctors had to do a C-section (I would have been born on Christmas, but none of the doctors who could do one were there so I was born the day after) and my grandmother actually had a daughter that died in childbirth because of her narrow pelvis.

Lo and behold, I have my mother's hips, I have big hips that look like love handles, but are bone if you feel them so my mother and I think I might have inherited the "man pelvis" Would this interfere with inserting a menstrual cup? I already have my hymens stretched out and semi-ripped despite being a virgin.

I cannot say for sure, it's probably not a big deal, I can probably fit a cup in there no problem. However, it would probably mean that I would have to stick to the smaller sizes of cups for the rest of my life which isn't a big deal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:07 pm

It shouldn't be a big deal, I don't think... A cup is much, much smaller than a baby, and (if you're straight) even the bigger ones are shorter than a penis, so it should be alright. Plus they are flexible, so they kinda give with you Smile
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Great! I knew that wouldn't be a problem with a man-pelvis like mine just wanted to make sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  LisBeth on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:18 am

Ciao! That's great that such a young girl is interested in Cups! Welcome, then..
LisBeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:27 am

Awwww.... shucks, I'm not THAT young, I mean, in December I'll be 18 for crying out loud. But you know, better to start early! I'm definitely going to start before college. If a cup's lifespan on average lasts 10 years, then I will be covered throughout college and if I study abroad in Japan since I want to major in Japanese, the cup comes with me! No need to buy feminine products in Japan! It's awkward enough to try to buy them in English speaking countries! With a cup, I will only be awkward once while buying one then I won't be awkward ever again!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top